I’ve trained in Afghanistan and Haiti ... This is why I recommend TASER devices as one of the best personal safety options.
My love for TASER began three years ago while taking my first training class. Since then, I’ve become a certified TASER trainer and instructor, teaching individuals how to protect themselves with confidence. I also teach firearm safety courses, backed with an extensive firearms background – 10 years in the United States Army, 16 years with the Raleigh, NC Police Department and four years as a United Nations Law Enforcement Professional and Training Advisor in Afghanistan and Haiti. Through it all, I strongly recommend TASER devices as the best non-lethal option for self-defense and personal safety.
My passion for teaching began after I had been approached many times by women at a shooting range, asking if I was a firearms instructor. I wasn’t certified to teach, nor was I sure if I could, but finally my husband said to me, “That's pretty much your calling.” And the rest is history.
In every class I teach, the first product I recommend is a TASER device, and here’s why:
- They’re non-lethal. As a law enforcement officer, the last thing I’ve ever wanted to do is take someone’s life. Although firearms are important, I recommend TASER devices before anything else. When teaching a beginner self-defense class, I explain that there is always a safer, better way to protect yourself without resorting to lethal force.
- They’re easy to carry. Every civilian TASER device is small enough to carry comfortably and the many options for holsters help keep your device easily accessible and ready to fire, if needed. Personally, my favorite type of holster is an outside-the-waistband holder, such as the Blade-Tech OWB Holster.
- They’re easy to use (with the right training). TASER devices may seem intimidating, but they’re one of the safest and easy to use options available. But proper training is necessary. Mental, physical and emotional training is incredibly important when dealing with a personal protection device.
- They can integrate with emergency response. The Pulse+ integrates with a safety app that wirelessly connects the device to your cell phone. Backed by live dispatchers, it alerts emergency personnel of your location when the device is fired. This is hugely important to me, as it provides an extra level of security for anyone carrying the device.
- They’re a safety investment. It’s important to understand this device can protect you in serious situations. You can’t put a price on your personal safety, but it’s the kind of smart investment you can count on.
Whether a beginner or an experienced professional, TASER devices are an excellent line of defense for your personal safety toolkit. A non-lethal approach to a potentially dangerous situation is always my first recommendation, and I encourage everyone to take steps to protect themselves with TASER Self-Defense.